RANGI RURU GIRLS’ SCHOOL – CROSS COUNTRY
Wednesday 4th April 1.45pm
INFORMATION FOR RACE DAY
- Eat a snack or a portion of your lunch at interval. Keep more food and a drink for after the race.
- Wear your Sports Uniform. You may like to wear some small clan item that will not interfere with your running.
- Take extra clothing in case it is cold. Please bring a drink bottle.
- Go to your tutor rooms at 1.20pm for a roll check. Your teachers will check that you are dressed appropriately
- Excused Athletes must have a note but will be expected to support their classmates/clan over at Hagley Park.
- 1.25pm – Walk to the park.
- Join your clan near the start area. Keep warm by jogging about, stretching and doing exercises. Please stay near the area so you can hear your race being called!
- It is compulsory for all years 7, 8, 9 &10 to run Championship.
- Years 11-13 can choose the Championship or the Senior Clan Run
- Toilets are located near the trees on the map.
- Years 11, 12 &13 1.45pm Championship
- Years 9&10 1.55pm Championship (All girls)
- Years 7/8 2.05pm Championship (All girls)
- Years 11, 12 and 13 Clan run 2.20pm
- Top 10 runners in each grade gain 15 points down to 6 for their Clans ie 1st gets 15 points ,2nd 14 pts etc. Next 20 runners get 5points. All other runners 2 points if you better 17 mins. Those between 17 and 20min will get one Clan point. After 20mins 0
- Top 10 make the School team for Canterbury Champs.
- Senior Clan Fun Run 2.20pm – will be shorter distance ie just the one outside lap
- No placing will be recorded for Clan Runners. But you gain 2 clan points if you better 15 mins and 1 for getting in before 17mins.
- Please refer to map.
- Run close to markers (keep the cones on your left) and stay off the public pathways.
- Check the map to make sure you know where the course goes.
- Pace yourself! Start out slowly. Walk or slow down if necessary. Keep moving!
- Clan Run students finish through the chute.
- To receive 2 Clan points you must complete the course in 15 mins
- Stay in finishing order –wait to be Bar coded.
AFTER THE RACE
- Keep warm and have a drink.
- Stay to cheer others on and collect belongings.
- When the grounds are tidy you will be dismissed to go home.