Rangi Ruru Girls’ School Athletics
POSTPONED: New date is Friday 1st March.
Christ’s College 9am-2:30pm
1. CANCELLATIONS–School will be notified via RangiLife if Athletic Sports are cancelled
BE PREPARED FOR: COLD WEATHER (take a warm woollen jersey and jacket)
ORHOT WEATHER (slip-slop-slap-slurp…Don’t forget your hat, sunscreen and drink bottle).
2. Meet at School for Tutor time AT 8.15am unless you are on the Sports Council or a Clan Leader. Sports Council and Clan leaders directly to venue at 8am.
Please enter and leave the track from the Botanical Gardens wall gate and NOT the main school gate.
You may wear clan gear or sports uniform. ABSOLUTELY NO FEATHERS OR TINSEL. THIS IS NOT ALLOWED ON COLLEGE GROUNDS
3. ROLL CHECKS– At least one roll check will be taken during the day! Please report to your tutor inside the track at 12.50pm. Listen for the announcement.
4. FOOD AND DRINK – Bring all you need, lots of snacks and drink. If it is a very hot or muggy day you will need plenty of fluid. WATERis best so please come prepared with your own drink bottle. Water taps are available to refill your bottles. Bring cash for the Kapa Haka Bake Sale.
5. FIRST AID– If you need help report to the teacher in the designated First Aid Area.
6. EMERGENCY ASSEMBLY POINT – In the unlikely event of an earthquake or any other emergency, the assembly point will be the middle of the field. Please gather in your Tutor Groups.
– Events will run during the following times
– 1stgroup of activities 9.30am-10 30am (#1-6)
– 2ndgroup of activities 11.00am-11.50am (#7-12)
– You may do each activity as many times as you can during the day.
– You will gain a point for your clan each time you complete an activity.
– Your points will contribute to the overall placing of the clans on sports day.
– Make sure that you compete in each group of activities.
– Assemble on the inside of the track on the grass area behind your Clan Banner at 11.45 am.
– While this is a compulsory Clan event, it is optional for runners doing 3 or more track events.
– Remember we time 3rdand 3rdlast across the line and add these times together. The Clan with the shortest time wins the event.
– Order of Race: Stirling, Dunvegan, Doune, Balmoral, Braemar, Glamis
– After this event is lunchtime or you go to your field event.
NOTES TO ALL COMPETITORS
1. HEATS AND FINALS SHEETSwill be on display at the finish line. Please check to see if you are in the 100m finals by 11.45am. See Ms Anderson if you have any queries.
2. Please remember a track (running) event must come firstif you have a track and field event on at the same time. Get a friend to tell the field events judges that you will report after your race.
3. Please sit with your clan members when you are not competing. Do not stay on the grass in the centre of the track.
4. Please stay in your lanes on the track at the completion of the 100m, 200m, 800m and relay. The judges will give placegetters a baton which must be taken to the recorders at the finish line. All non-placegetters may then leave the track.
5. Spikes are allowed on the track. You may run in spikes, sports shoes or bare feet.
6. If you have a busy track schedule – go and do your field event, whenever you have time. You may fit it in at any time during the morning. Note: High Jump must be done at the scheduled times.
(a) Track events– for all track events, report to Ms Brooks and the appropriate Dean 10 minutes before your event.
All track events will be marshalled at the starting point for the event.
Senior/Intermediate Ms Fitzpatrick / Ms Frier / Mrs Lidstone
Junior/Under 14 Ms Bell / Mr Kimber
Years 7 and 8 Ms Fail
(b) Field Events- report to the event 5 minutes before start time.
8. UNDERLINE ALL YOUR EVENTS ON THE PROGRAMME AND MAKE OUT YOUR OWN TIMETABLE (You could write it on your hand or arm!)
9. FIRST AID REQUIREMENTS – at finishing end of stand.
10. GOOD LUCK. Be active, have fun and SUPPORT THE CLAN EVENTS
11. CLAN RELAYS – Meet your Clan Leaders at the 100m start at 2.15 pm.
Lanes for Clan Relays
By Mandy Anderson
- Programe 2019 updated Word, 48.9 KB