Philosophy & Values
Rangi Ruru is a family school. Every girl is important and is encouraged to share and care for others, and to gain a sense of personal worth and achievement.
The school provides high quality independent education for girls in a stimulating and supportive environment with excellence as the goal for every student. The programmes offered and the values upheld by the school:
- Provide an extensive and stimulating range of academic, creative, cultural, sporting and social experiences
- Provide opportunities for students to develop their resilience, initiative, independence and leadership skills
- Provide care and support in an environment which fosters self-confidence, tolerance and concern for others
- Encourage each student to identify and develop her full potential and to seek excellence
- Foster the development of young women who are confident, enthusiastic, well-educated and equipped with a range of social and academic skills
- To maintain a pro-active stance in the educational community.
The Rangi Ruru philosophy is underpinned by a belief in and commitment to the five core values. The following of this code of behaviour by the Rangi Ruru community will mean that a sense of personal worth and integrity will be fostered in each person. The Rangi values are:
Respect – for ones self, for others and for the environment
Aroha – a sense of inclusiveness, a sense of trust and belonging
eNdeavour and eNthusiasm – commitment, discipline and passion
Generosity of spirit – service to others, compassion, tolerance, unselfishness
Integrity and honesty